• Chase Petrucci, "100 Carrot Ginger Soup," Grade 6, Gallagher Middle School, Smithfield
• Haider Amad, "Fish Cocktail with Curry Dip," Grade 5, Fishing Cove Elementary School, North Kingstown
• Pamela Peters, "Healthy Baked Eggplant Crisps with Tomato Dipping Sauce," Grade 6, Kickemuit Middle School, Warren
• Kaya West, "Homemade Hummus," Grade 5, Westerly Middle School, Westerly
• Nick Soccio, "Oven Baked Carrot Fries," Grade 5, Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School, Cranston
• Eliza Vecchiarelli, "Pumpkin Soup," Grade 8, Edward R. Martin Middle School, East Providence
• Sofia Sweet, "Tabouli," Grade 5, Fishing Cove Elementary School, North Kingstown
• Shivani Mehta, "Broccoli and Chicken Rice," Grade 5, Guiteras Elementary School, Bristol
• Cameron Belisle, "Cod Fish Tacos," Grade 5, Stone Hill Elementary School, Cranston
• Aiko Kobiyama, "Fish and Veggies in Foil," Grade 5, Fishing Cove Elementary School, North Kingstown
• Nicole Dioh, "Ground Turkey Gyros," Grade 7, Woonsocket Middle School at Villanova, Woonsocket
• Avery Bernier, "Healthy Hash," Grade 7, Lincoln School, Providence
• Daniela Harkness, "Kale, Butternut Squash over Orza or Rice," Grade 5, Fogarty Memorial School, Scituate
• Elisabeth Halkidis, "Almond Cake," Grade 5, Fishing Cove Elementary School, North Kingstown
• Lily Addonizio, "Apple Roses," Grade 5, Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School, Cranston
• Lily Neves, "Blueberry Whoopie Pie," Grade 6, McCourt Middle School, Cumberland
• Jack Pine, "Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread," Grade 5, St. Peter School, Warwick
• Sam Northrup, "Grasshopper Pie," Grade 5, Fishing Cove Elementary School, North Kingstown
• Alexandra Cowart, "Rice Pudding," Grade 5, Western Hills Middle School, Cranston
"Congratulations to all of our finalists who submitted delicious, healthy, and affordable recipes," said Raimondo. "We are looking forward to meeting you and to tasting the winning dishes."
"Thank you to all who participated in this challenge," said Moffit. "We were so impressed by the creativity of Rhode Island's youngest chefs, and we look forward to sharing their healthy recipes with the rest of our State. Our judges have some tough choices ahead!"
The judges for the RI Kids' Healthy Recipe Challenge are:
• Dr. Nicole Alexander-Scott, MD, MPH, Director of the Rhode Island Department of Health
• David Dadekian, Eat Drink RI Founder and President
• Michaela Johnson, Rhode Show Co-Host
• Maria Meza, Executive Chef at El Rancho Grande
• Andrew Schiff, CEO of RI Community Food Bank
These community leaders are currently in the process of selecting the winning dishes in each category.
These recipes will be published in a recipe booklet to be made available for download on the Governor's website. The winning dish for each category will be announced and served at the 2016 RI Kid's Healthy Luncheon hosted by the Governor and First Gentleman at the RI Community Food Bank on Saturday, January 9, 2016.
Please see links below for more information.